|Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5|
After the Galaxy S series and Note series devices, Samsung has now released the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for its Galaxy tablets.
The South Korean firm has released the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update with build T800XXU1BOCC for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi model (SM-T800) starting with users in France.
The Lollipop update would bring security related fixes for the Galaxy Tab S, which Google introduced in Android 5.0.2. If you are in the firmware supported region, connect your Galaxy Tab to the Samsung Kies server and check for the Android Lollipop build. Samsung will also release the update via OTA mechanism.
Follow the step-by-step installation guide below to install the Samsung's stock firmware manually on your Galaxy Tab.
- Model: SM-T800
- Model name: Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi
- Country: France
- Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4403645
- Build date: 17 March
- Product code: XEF
- PDA: T800XXU1BOCC
- CSC: T800OXA1BOC4
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy Tab S on the computer.
- Create a back up of all important data of the tablet using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android device to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your tablet has at least 80% battery charge. The device might shut down during the process due to lack of battery, which in turn could brick the device.
- You should be having an unlocked Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 model.
- The tablet will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- Your tablet will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of the official firmware.
- The stock Lollipop build T800XXU1BOCC works with Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi model. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
Or, from here
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop T800XXU1BOCC stock firmware on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Wi-Fi)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip
Step-3: Power off the Galaxy Tab S
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-5: Launch Odin as administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect the tablet to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. Upon the successful connection you should see Odin displaying an 'Added' message. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin click AP tab and select the firmware file extracted in step-1
Note: Leave everything as it is in Odin, do not press any button.
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. When you see the home screen, unplug the USB cable from the tablet safely
Your Galaxy Tab S should now be ready with Android Lollipop features.